The Answer to Every Woman’s Woes: Coconut Oil!
We’ve all had bad hair days. For centuries, women have struggled to get smooth, soft, healthy-looking hair. They’ve gone through promising shampoos and conditioners, expensive creams, and complicated techniques.
Who knew that the answer to all your hair problems was waiting in the grocery store—perhaps even your own kitchen?
At-Home Hair Treatment – An Ancient Remedy
Coconut oil has many uses. Several cultures have used coconut oil and butter for thousands of years. It’s been manufactured into soaps, margarine, and cosmetics. It’s even been used as fuel in diesel engines! However, to women, coconut oil’s most useful application comes in hair care.
The Answer’s in the Fat
Coconut oil is made up of 90% saturated fat. Now, we all know that much fat is bad for our insides, but for our outsides (hair, skin, nails), it is the best tool we have. Most conventional beauty products are mostly made of water, which easily evaporates once applied.
The oil does not evaporate, and it is easily absorbed into the skin and hair, making it the perfect moisturizer for every part of the body. Also, coconut oil contains powerful antioxidants not found in other oils, which aids in the fight against damage from free-radicals.
We love Kirkland Signature Organic Virgin Coconut Oil available on Amazon.com – http://amzn.to/2eXmVd4
Simple Tips for Amazing Hair
Applying coconut oil is simple and easy. It will only take you a few moments, and the benefits outweigh the sometimes nauseating smell of the product.
- Buy a good quality coconut oil, making sure it is labeled “100%.”
- Heat the oil. Because of the fat, the coconut oil can harden over time. Simply running the bottle under some hot water in the sink will melt the oil inside.
- Apply the oil to your hair. Make sure to wrap a towel around your shoulders first so you do not stain your clothes. Apply the oil from root to tip liberally. All the hair must be oiled for maximum results.
- The longer the oil stays on, the better. Some believe only 20 to 30 minutes is sufficient, but for deep restoration, sleeping with the oil still applied is the best. If you choose to pull an all-nighter, make sure to cover your pillow with a towel and tie your hair up into a bun.
- After your chosen application time, wash your hair. You may need to shampoo twice to get all the oil out. After shampooing, apply a conditioner.
- As a word of caution, if you are acne prone, make sure to keep the oily hair out of your face. Coconut oil can also be used as a great moisturizer for rough hands and feet, but not on the face!
- For best results, this process should be repeated once a week. In no time, you will have luscious, soft, healthy hair!