The Best Natural Beauty Mask: Fight Aging, Blemishes and Large Pores All in One
Wouldn’t it be great to find a beauty product that could keep skin soft and ageless while keeping it clear with refined pores? Well the ingredients to make this kind of skin treatment are more than likely in the kitchen cabinet and the refrigerator.
Brewer’s Yeast contains a variety of B vitamins as well as minerals such as chromium and selenium. Lemons are full of citric acid and vitamin C. Together these ingredients make a facial mask that cosmetic counters cannot challenge.
Wrinkles inevitably sprout with age, but premature aging comes from other factors such as improper skin care and free radical damage from sources such as the sun. Selenium, a mineral found in Brewer’s Yeast, retards the UV damage to the skin slowing the aging process.
Vitamin C, found in the lemons, helps to build the connective tissue collagen and prevents oxidation of skin tissue which forms into wrinkles. The citric acid in lemons also prevents dead skin cell buildup which can cause age spots as well as wrinkles.
Pores become large and stretched because of impurities that settle into the skin. These impurities include pollution from the environment, makeup and oil. These toxins also cause unsightly blackheads. The B vitamins in Brewer’s Yeast and the citric acid in the lemons clean out the pores while tightening them.
Blemishes can appear at any age, but it is good to have a deadly weapon when they strike. The chromium and B vitamins in Brewer’s Yeast pull out impurities in the skin while the citric acid disinfects the pores and kills bacteria from the pimple. It is not uncommon for one mask application to bring blemishes to the surface of the skin to be brushed away.
- Combine 1½ teaspoons of Brewer’s Yeast powder with 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Allow a putty texture to form.
- Apply the mask to the face with fingers or a small paint brush.
- Let the mask dry for 20 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water.
- Exfoliate skin gently with a wash cloth using circular motions until skin is completely dry.
- This increases circulation for further skin cell regeneration and brushes away any toxins or dead skin that has made its way to the surface.
By using this mask once a week, skin will stay healthy and smooth. Do not let the mask stay on the face for more than 20 minutes. To further refresh the skin after the mask, apply witch hazel with a cotton ball.