Health Risks from Waist Training with Corsets
Waist training has started to become increasingly popular as a way to get an hourglass figure.
The training process begins with the waist using a waist cincher or corset to suspend the waist and torso of a woman’s body for several hours a day.
This has to be done for an extended period of time to see the results.
When you use these body slimmers such as corsets, your body takes the desired shape.
Normally, when using some type of suspenders to slim a body part, your body can return to the original size when the garment is removed.
With training from the waist, however; changes over time become permanent, as your body adjusts to its new shape.
Some people say that the belt or corset tight around the waist also shrinks your rip cage and also your stomach.
As the result of that, it also reduces appetite and helps promote weight loss to accelerate the process of forming the waist.
The possible health risks
However, it can be dangerous if the process is done incorrectly. The body shaping process takes time and cannot be rushed.
This can be compared to a crash diet. Patience is very important in the formation of the waist, as it can take weeks or months to get the desired shape.
The health risks associated with waist training include difficult breathing, movement of internal organs and breaking ribs if the belt is used too hard. In addition, women who use their incorrect corsets risk developing bad posture, especially when the corset is removed.
How to carry out waist training with minimal risks
To carry out the proper training, you have to first choose the right corset.
- The corset has to be at least 3-4 inches smaller than your normal waist and 5-6 inches less if your waist measures 36 inches or more.
- Break in the corset before starting waist training to ensure the garment is not split or crack after prolonged use .
- Start using the brace for four or five hours a day until your body to adjust to it, and then gradually until it takes at least twelve hours a day.
- Do not use while sleeping , exercising or eating .
- To avoid rubbing the skin, you may want to use a cotton shirt under the brace .
- When you remove the corset , make sure the area is clean and dry, and then apply moisturizer to ensure your skin does not dry out and become rough.
- For best results , start a regular exercise program and diet to lose excess weight and tone your body. Finally , keep in mind that it may take up to a year to achieve the result you want , but persistence is likely to develop that hourglass figure .