Can Dong Quai Really Help Enlarge Your Breasts?
Dong Quai (Angelica sinensis) and their properties
Dong quai (Angelica sinensis) has been used for more than a thousand years as a spice, tonic, and medicine in China, Korea and Japan. This herb is still used extensively in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), where it is usually combined with other herbs.
General Health Benefits of Dong Quai
Also called Chinese angelica, it is good for high blood pressure, allergies, infertility, blood pooling, heart disease, constipation and menopausal.
Dong Quai is generally good for most women. It has a mild estrogenic effect.
It increases the effect of ovarian and testicular hormones, and thus may be useful against low sexual activity in both sexes.
Dong quai is sometimes called the “female ginseng”.
Although there are no scientific studies confirming the official health benefits of Dong Quai.
The herb is often recommended for relieving menstrual disorders such as cramps, irregular menstrual cycles, infrequent periods, premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and menopausal symptoms.
Properties of Dong Quai:
- Strengthens uterus
- Prevents most feminine care and transitional problems
- It can stimulate estrogen production in women who need to increase or maintain a healthy level of estrogen
- Combats fatigue
- Improves poor circulation
- Good for muscle tension
- Increases resistance to many diseases
Necessary Precautions When Taking Dong Quai
- Keep a break after 2 – 3 months of use.
- Never use herbal medicine if you are unsure whether you may have some symptoms that should be clarified by a physician.
- Do not use during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Dong Quai should not be used in women with excessive menstrual bleeding.
- It should not be used during acute infection with fever.
- Side effects – when taken in large doses may increase the sensitivity.
- Diabetic patients need to pay attention to their glucose levels because they may increase if you take Angelica.
- Dosage depends on the problem: Can vary from 250 – 2000 mg daily. 1:2 extract: 3 ml, or a teaspoon a day.
How can Dong Quai support breast health and growth?
Dong Quai has been clinically proven to improve hormone-related health problems in female patients and one of the indirect benefits is believed to be stimulating breast tissue growth as the result of improved estrogen level.
Related post: hormones and breast growth
Side Effects of Dong Quai
It has been proven that Dong Quai increases sun sensitivity therefore sunscreen is encouraged for anyone who’s taking Dong Quai.
This herb also slows down natural process of blood clotting therefore it is not recommended for people who take blood-thinning drugs such as Coumadin, Plavix, Trental, or aspirin. It should also be avoided if two weeks pre and post-surgery.