Ketogenic Diet for Weight Loss | How Does It Work?
Ketogen diet is based on the principle of putting your body in a state of “ketosis”, where your blood contains higher levels of ketones than normal. Ketones are a product of fat burning that releases the fat in the body. Such a condition will result in a ketogenic diet as your intake of carbohydrates per day will be extremely low.
When your body is in the ketosis state, the lipid metabolism is intact. This means that your body begins to break down fat deposits in the body, to use them as energy when the body has no carbohydrates to take off.
How do you get into a ketosis state?
In order to get into the ketosis state, you need to change your diet significantly. You can hardly take any carbohydrates, why most of your calories should come from fat. However, it is also important that you get your proteins, but you should also be a little careful here as proteins are converted into glucose and can therefore affect your insulin in the body.
Try to stay for approx. 30 grams of carbohydrate a day and eat approx. 0.8-1 grams of protein per kilo you weigh. The rest of your calories fill you with fat.
By far the majority will experience getting into ketosis after 2-7 days. A good indicator is that your breath is getting worse than normal. This is because your body separates the waste acetone, which is something the body does when it burns fat. One can say that the bad breath is a good indicator that you burn fat and are thus in the ketosis state.
Ketose diet: What should one eat on a ketogenic diet?
- Meat (beef, pork), poultry (chicken, turkey), fish (mackerel, salmon, herring) and eggs. You should preferably choose high fat and / or chicken with full fat skins. It is an advantage if you have the opportunity to buy organic for the sake of fatty acid composition.
- Natural fat, found in a good organic butter, in olive oil and coconut oil.
- Oily milk products. Full cream cream, cream cheese with the highest fat percentage, oily cheese.
- Vegetables. In fact, they are the ones that will greatly help you keep up with you. Focus on those who grow over earth. Ie broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, squash, spinach, cucumber, onions, peppers, etc.
- Nuts are okay in small amounts.
- Fruit is also okay in small quantities. They may include help to set the sweet tooth.
- Beverages: water, danish water (m / u citrus), coffee, tea. If you drink coffee with milk, use cream instead of.
What kind of carbohydrates should you avoid?
When you read what you want to eat, it is relatively easy to get an overview of what you can not eat or preferably avoid.
- Sugar is one of the first things to learn to live without. No soda, candy, juice, chocolate, cakes, juice, cream ice cream etc.
- Grain products (rice, pasta, bread, breakfast products)
- Low quality fat (margarine, trans fat, too much omega 6 oils)
- Light products. Choose the right item instead!
- Artificial sweeteners
Does ketogenic diet work and what are ketosis symptoms?
Most people who start on a ketogenic diet will definitely experience a weight loss. This is largely because you convert your diet from a carbohydrate-based with lots of sugar to a diet based on natural foods with lots of protein, healthy fat and vegetables.
Weight loss without hunger
Someone will also find that their weight is stabilized and finds its natural level relative to the well-known lift weight that jumps up and down. One of the pillows of the ketogenic diet is also clear that you feel sick while losing weight. Everyone who has tried to lose weight, knows how hard it may be when the stomach cries for food and you just want the cake that the colleague has taken in the office.
Sometimes waiting for your body to make the switch from carbohydrate metabolism to beta hydroxybutyrate metabolism (aka ketosis), it can be an uncomfortable and lengthy process. Another way to get beta-hydroxybutyrate into your system so your body is using “clean” energy is by taking it supplementally. This is an exogenous betahydroxybutyrate. Exogenous means you get it from outside of your body. CLICK HERE To Learn How!
Have better sex and never get hungry in bed
With the ketogenic diet you will most likely avoid this since you rarely are hungry due to the stable blood sugar. In addition, many experience a better sleep, more energy during the day, better sex drive and better ability to concentrate over a longer period of time.
Remember, we have a large selection of foods with natural fat content. Check out this wide selection of science-based, doctor-approved ketogenic meal plans and dietary supplements below:
With the Fat Fueled Program, you’ll learn how to…
- Slide into fat-burning mode, without needing to go strict low-carb.
- Bust through plateaus to create a life you love.
- Boost your body’s ability to heal, naturally.
- Liberate your ketogenic life from restriction, macronutrient manipulation, exercise abuse, and feel hot-dawn sexy doing it.