As the fashion world intensifies scrutiny on clothing sizes, many women are trying to achieve an hourglass shape. Women will try almost anything to get that “perfect” hour glass body, even to the point of unhealthy approaches like starving themselves. Every magazine seems to have at least one article on how to get a perfectly curvy figure. While having an amazing body is a great achievement, it doesn’t mean that you should have to sacrifice your health to achieve it. There are many healthy ways to get to your weight loss goal without being overly hard on your body or your daily schedule.
Using some of the tips in this article is a great way to help keep your body in shape. If all you need is a small adjustment to your body shape, there are certain styles of clothing that are made to help give you that extra boost to your natural curves. Achieving your goal of an well-proportioned body is well within reach, if you chose to take healthy routes and work hard at it. Bear in mind that accomplishing this goal is not going to be easy and it will take time. However, once you reach your goal of getting a fit form, you’ll be able to keep it for a long time.
One of the most pressing questions you need to answer before starting your journey to the curvy figure is how to go about achieving it. Do you know how to get an hour glass figure in a healthy way, and without hurting your body? If you don’t, you can learn, provided you approach the weight loss process in a safe and well-informed way. It seems like new diet fads are popping up left and right, whether it be a new pill or a new series of “healthy” frozen meals. The pills will work until you stop taking them and then your body reverses back to its natural state, and many of the frozen meals that claim they’re healthy are actually filled with loads of sodium. The trick to figuring out how to get an hour glass figure is actually not to diet. When trying to gain a healthier body and a slimmer figure, you need to do more than simply diet.
Step 1 of 3: Eating Right
For maximum success, you must change your entire style of eating and the way you look at the food you eat. When you start the transition and begin to see results, you will see a bit of an ‘’instant loss’’. This will eventually plateau when your body gets used to the dietary change as well as the change in your activity levels, but don’t give up hope. The best way to change this and start your metabolism going again is to change up your activities and how you eat gradually.
For as many good methods as there are on how to get a hour glass figure, there are just as many bad ones, if not more. An example of this is not eating enough, or worse, throwing up what you eat. It is a common belief that starving yourself will make you lose weight faster. This is not only false but extremely dangerous. When you start starving yourself, your body goes into survival mode, conserving the fat that you take in when you do eventually eat, even if you eat something small. This type of “dieting” can lead to binging – eating too much at once – which in turn can lead to purging, which means you will start to vomit up the food you eat if you feel you have eaten too much. These are actual disorders called anorexia and bulimia and are absolutely the wrong approach to achieving an hourglass body. A few simple changes can do a world of difference.
- Try eating small meals throughout the day, as opposed to a few very large meals, and be sure not to go long periods of time without food.
- This will stimulate your metabolism and help you lose weight gradually and safely.
- Replace sodas and other sugary drinks with water or water flavored with sugarfree additions, such as single-use drink mixes.
- Keep healthy snacks, such as fruit or nuts, nearby to avoid sugary temptations.
Step 2 of 3: Exercising the Right Way
While the ideal mix of exercise includes endurance, cardiovascular workout and stretching, some women may not be comfortable with them or able to initially incorporate these in their approach to a better figure. Any exercise is better than no exercise, however, so don’t be discouraged if you’re not able to tackle a full regimen right away while working on your hourglass body.
- Using an inflatable exercise ball is a great way to exercise your midriff area without injuring or stressing problem areas like the lower back.
- Use light hand weights or soup cans to tone your biceps and triceps.
- If running is uncomfortable, try frequent walks. Taking a friend or pet along can be an excellent motivator as well.
- Keep hydrated while exercising. Your body will need fluid to perform at its best during periods of physical activity, so keep a water bottle with you.
Step 3 of 3: Wearing the Right Clothes
There are those who don’t need to diet or exercise much to get to their goal of an hourglass shape, but may need certain types of clothing that show off their natural figure or enhance it. How to get a hour glass figure using clothes is an easy question to answer, with many options available for women of any size.
- Shapewear, special undergarments reinforced with spandex, help accentuate curves and downplay problem areas.
- Overly tight clothing can make areas like the stomach or thighs look worse than they are, so be sure to select clothing in the correct size for your figure.
- Dresses that cinch in the middle are a good thing to wear, usually accessorized with a belt to help bring in the waist area.
- Wearing a bra with an under-wire is another great tip because the under-wire lifts and helps support the breasts better than bras without the under-wire feature.
This 3 step approach will ensure that you not only achieve an hour glass body, but maintain it over time without too much difficulty.