Green Tea Extract – The Super Fat Burner / Weight Loss Supplement
Athletes and health-focused people alike have all heard of great benefits of green tea fat burner. Recently, more research and studies have backed up the claims that the extract of green tea has great weight loss benefits. It has been said that drinking 3-5 cups of this tea daily can help you boost your metabolism and burn more fat. In this article, we will discuss in details and find out whether such claims are true.
What is special about this tea and how is it supposed to help you lose weight?
The green tea extract called EGCG play an important role in the control of weight; it helps with reducing body fat by stimulating metabolism and increasing fat oxidation.
The leaves of green tea are rich in polyphenols, which are also natural antioxidants present in vegetables, fresh fruit , red wine and dark chocolate. When preparing the tea, polyphenols are diluted with hot water and give the tea strong and bitter flavor that adds great taste and characters to the beverage.
Flavonoids are one of the major nutrients in the tea; polyphenols, catechins being the predominant form of flavonoids. Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG ) is the most important and the main active ingredient of green tea.
EGCG ( epigallocatechin gallate ) is basically one of the most active components in the tea. These previously known by the name of catechins or polyphenol compounds contribute to the beneficial effects of the green tea. Scientific studies have shown that green tea extracts rich in EGCG increase fat oxidation and help reduce body fat.
Science behind It
Recent scientific studies have found that a flavonoid found in green tea called “catechin” plays a significant role in weight loss. In a study published in The Journal of Nutrition” in 2009, researchers found that participants who are overweight and obese found great success in weight loss by doing some exercise and drinking beverage containing catechin. They managed to lose more abdominal fat and subcutaneous abdominal fat than those in the placebo group.
Moreover, the participants reduced more triglycerides than those who did not receive the drink but did the same exercise and received the same diet. This is important because abdominal fat deposited increases the risk of diseases and heart attacks.
A recent study even goes beyond validating the effectiveness of this delicious tea. A new study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (Vol. 81 , No. 1, 122-129 , January 2005 ) indicated that the consumption of a tea rich in catechin help lower the ” bad cholesterol ” (LDL ), body weight, BMI , waist circumference, body fat mass, and subcutaneous fat area were significantly lower in the group of green tea extract in group control.
Green tea fat burner pills are to be used as part of a weight management program that includes regular exercises, healthy eating and regular medical checkups.
Other Green Tea Extract Health Benefits
- A good tip for fresh breath – Epigallocatechin gallate is essential to maintaining healthy teeth and gums. EGCG promotes anti-microbial activity and helps maintain a good breath. The benefits of EGCG to your oral health can be enjoyed in a wide range of products on the market.
- Cardiovascular health – Numerous scientific studies have shown the relationship between green tea consumption and cardiovascular health, suggesting that green tea and green tea extracts rich in EGCG can decrease certain risk factors assocaited with heart conditions. Although research on this topic has not yet been completed, there is considerable evidence showing that green tea catechins, specifically EGCG with its powerful antioxidant, may play a crucial role in cardiovascular health.
- Antioxidants in green tea helps fight against many types of cancer – EGCG is a potent antioxidant and efficient free radical scavenger. Free radicals are highly reactive compounds which cause cell damage. These compounds are produced by the body or by environmentally induced factors (eg., Exposure to sun, pollution, smoke snuff, alcohol and unsaturated fat). Thanks to its high concentration of EGCG in the tea, it is a highly effective and natural antioxidant that protects against the damaging effects of free radicals in the body.
- Eat and Drink to enhance your beauty – To keep our skin healthy, we need to consume fish, lots of brightly colored vegetables and liters of the tea every day. But is this possible with our busy pace of modern life? We all want to lead a healthy life and eat healthily without involving us a great effort. We need products that combine convenience and health in form of dietary supplements and nutritious foods and beverages. Now, these products also help us to improve our appearance. Green tea extract supplement can be one of those things that help you maintain your health despite your busy schedule.
- Green tea fat burner – it works wonderfully as a fat burner thanks to the polyphenols. Research has shown that you can burn 30-45% more fat, just by drinking 3-5 cups of the tea a day.
- Anti-aging properties – This tea has a high content of EGCG. Numerous studies have revealed specific effects of EGCG or green tea extracts on skin physiology. Besides being a neutralizer of free radicals, has anti-inflammatory properties and helps to restore the epidermis. Moreover, EGCG inhibits enzymes that destroy collagen in the skin. Other studies suggest the importance of the EGCG in the hydration of the skin and aging caused by UV – B rays. New findings show that EGCG contributes to maintain the structural integrity of the skin by reducing the damage caused by UV rays, promoting the proliferation and differentiation of normal skin cells and promoting the death of abnormal cells.
Green tea extract is gaining more popularity because studies suggest it helps in weight loss and helps fight free radicals. That is what makes green tea a great natural fat buner and a great addition to your daily diet.
Weight loss wise, EGCG and caffeine in the tea work together, to induce thermogenesis to the body. The heat production in the body helps increase the oxidation of fats and increases energy expenditure.
It is recommended that consuming 1 or 2 cups of green tea could be a remedy to accelerate weight loss. A Japanese study shows that 5 cups of green tea per day can help burn extra calories through thermogenesis.
With that said, you should drink the tea for all its health benefits. If you goal is to lose weight, you should always exercise and eat a well-balanced diet for long-term success and health.