Eyebrow Waxing: Shap and Maintain the Perfect Eyebrow
Eyebrows are to the face what shoes are to the outfit. They are the perfect accessory, completing any look from everyday to high fashion.
Popular Brow Services
Many forms of eyebrow grooming are available. Eyebrows can be tweezed both at home and professionally, waxed, sugared, and threaded. While eyebrows can be maintained at home by tweezing between appointments it is preferred to have them professionally groomed on a regular basis.
Eyebrow waxing is the most common and accessible professional service with sugaring steadily gaining popularity. These services are performed by estheticians who have been thoroughly trained in proper hair removal and have an in-depth knowledge of how to shape and arch eyebrows to best compliment any face shape and structure.
Many estheticians specialize in hair removal and are very passionate about shaping the eyebrow.
What to Expect From Salons and Wax Spas
Nearly all spas and offer waxing or sugaring services. Most salons now staff at least one esthetician which offers the convenience of coordinating hair and brow appointments.
There are also many wax and sugar spas that specialize in face and body hair removal and only offer these services. Eyebrow maintenance is among the most affordable of the beauty services available and costs less than the average manicure.
The initial appointment may take 15-30 minutes, depending on how the eyebrows have been maintained in the past. Subsequent appointments will take anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes.
Consult with the esthetician prior to the start of the waxing or sugaring. Discuss the brow’s natural shape and how to best enhance and define it.
A proper brow session should include a quick consultation, a cleansing of the skin around the brow to remove any makeup and oil, waxing or sugaring, tweezing if needed, and trimming if needed. This should be followed by an application of a skin soother to help reduce any redness and irritation.
Things to Know Before Scheduling a Brow Wax
- Brows with no maintenance between appointments should be waxed or sugared every 4 to 6 weeks. Regardless of at home maintenance the first few sessions will most likely need to be spaced about 4 weeks apart due to naturally staggered hair growth cycles.
- Tweezing between appointments can extend the length of time between appointments. Follow all instructions given by the esthetican regarding tweezing so that the shape and arch is not affected.
- Do not schedule a brow service on an important day. Most people experience redness surrounding the brow that will last anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours.
- Pregnancy and lactation can cause the body to be more sensitive to waxing and sugaring with a possible increase in tenderness and irritation. The most common complaint is increased tenderness during the service.
- Be honest during the consultation about all medications. Some medicines and topical creams can thin the skin which puts the delicate facial tissue at a higher risk for damage and scarring.
- It is important to remember that brows are sisters, not twins. Faces are not exactly symmetrical and neither are brows. There will be a slight variation. This is natural and most importantly looks natural.
Products we like
Aesthetica 16-Piece Brow Contour Kit is available on Amazon.com. You get all these tools at the price of less than US$ 30. It is very well-received and reviewed. It’s great for all gals who simply love makeup or for those of you who do makeup professionally.